Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Morning, A Peppermint Wreath How To, Taking a Holiday Break


Hello!
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
I just wanted to share a few images from our Christmas morning......
We stayed home and spent the day together as a family.....
I was able to snap a few pictures before the madness began on Christmas morning.....


Once again we weren't able to get the tree decorated before Christmas.....
We got our tree from a tree farm along Apple Hill a few days before Christmas....
It is a Silvertipped Fir Christmas tree....
(The vintage ski poles are from Belgium)


This year for wrapping paper we used Martha Stewart Packing Paper from Staples.....
We used a massive amount of MT Masking Tape : ).....
My favorite color of tape is the red and white designs.....
The girls wrapped most of the gifts this year and decided to stamp snowflakes onto the wrapping paper on some of the packages.....
The gifts were wrapped with Dutch butcher twine and then we added some fresh fir to the packages.....


I thought my son looked so cute wrapped up in his blanket he had just opened from his Aunt Nancy..... It is the cutest blanket from the Better Homes and Garden line at Walmart....

*****************************************************


On another note.......
Last year I had posted images of the peppermint wreath we made, and received a lot of questions about it, so I thought I would share a few more details with you on how to make the peppermint wreath......
I had hoped to share this post with you before Christmas and unfortunately wasn't able to find the time to do so..... I think it would be fun to do for Valentine's Day as well......
It is a really fun and an easy project to do with the kids......


All you need is a styrofoam wreath form, hot glue gun, glue sticks, and peppermint candies....
We got our wreath form at Michaels.....
You can choose the size you think would work best.....
Unwrap your candies......


The kids love helping unwrap the candy : ).....



Hot glue rows of peppermint candies around your wreath......
Make sure you use a generous amount of glue on each candy......


We then glue another row of peppermint candies around the wreath to cover the holes so you don't see the styrofoam.....



I had the boys put on their newsboy caps for the pictures : )......




I do not store my peppermint wreaths, we discard them and then make a new one the following year.....

*******************************************

On a final note.......
I am taking some time off from shipping out packages in the shop starting today December 27th 
until January 15th.  You can still order items from our shop, just please note that your items will not ship until after January 15th.....

I hope you all had a Blessed Christmas and I want to wish you all a Happy New Year.......
Take Care, 
Maria 

47 comments:

Jojo said...

A gorgeous tree and it sounds like a perfect Christmas!

It's me said...

Wowwww...it all looks nice warm and cosy...love the wreath !!!...happy days !!..love Ria...xxx...

Vanessa Greenway said...

Love the tree without ornament and the beautiful red wrapped gifts. Just pretty.

Cindy / Aka Chymecindy said...

The tree still look nice even without decoration. And oh i love how many the presents are and how pretty they were wrapped.

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Beautiful! Merry Christmas,wishing you all the best in the new year!
hugs,
Lisa

oh-my-home said...

I love Your Christmas tree! It's perfect without decorations...
Wreath with candies is so funny :)
Best wishes for You
marta

Sommerhusstil said...

Hvor den finnnnnnnn :O) Klem betina

The Blue Farmhouse said...

I love the antique ski poles, in fact I found some antique poles w/wood skis and matching ice skates and gave them to my husband for Christmas. Enjoy your break!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so beautiful Maria!!
So happy you had such a wonderful Christmas!!
Wishing you a very Happy New Year!
Sincerely,
Melinda

LizlovesVintage said...

Thanks for sharing Maria! What a beautiful home and Family you have. Happy New Year!
xxx Liz

flowersandhome said...

Yummy wreath! ;-))

Brittni Moye said...

Oh my gosh! I absolutely LOVE the peppermint wreath! It looks so perfect and SO amazing hanging on that baby blue door!

Diana said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Cute pics of all the kids. Happy new year, Maria! Enjoy your break-you all did such a good job at getting all those gifts out before Christmas. Take care!

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Just beautiful and I love the tree bare like that. I love the newsboys hats . LOOK like magazine pics girl . .LOVE LOVE LOVED it all down to the red gifts and blanket .. the peppermints .. YOU did GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE it all.. Looks like your Chrismas was MERRRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dana McDowell said...

I'm kind of really loving that you didn't decorate...but so intrigued what yours would be if you had! Happy holidays!

Mama Up! said...

I really love the look of the undecorated tree - even if it wasn't intentional!

Carole said...

I think the tree looks beautiful 'as is'.

We decorated very simply this year, and although we did decorate the tree, we only put up one instead of our usual two. And the one was decorated sparingly, with white lights, and only silver, white, and red balls. It's one of our favorite trees.

Simple Home said...

Beautiful photos, and ah, the hats! I thought my little boys were the only ones wearing them :) Blessings to you and yours in 2013~
Marcia

Mary said...

everything looks so wonderful!
and i am sop glad that you are taking some time off.
enjoy!
xoxo

ps we made that wreath this year, but we had such a huge form that i was afraid to hang it! :)
next year!

Anonymous said...

Fond memories of Apple Hill. Have you ever tried the fudge from the Fudge Factory Farm ?...It is the best. Great Holiday pictures.

Anonymous said...

I love the tree as is, it looks beautiful!

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

What a perfect Christmas! So beautiful thank you for sharing!
The tree looks amazing just as it is!

Jane
Flora Doora

Jackie said...

Love the wreath so cute!
Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

The tree is perfect bare. Nature at its best. Am looking for a chandelier that is hanging near your tree for my dining room that doesn't cost a fortune. Any chance you remember where it is from? Thank you! Laurie lmpeck88@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Love the wreaths - will definitely be trying these! Thanks :)

Christi said...

Lovely photos. I like the simple tree...we have fond memories of Apple Hill! I adore the red plaid blanket. I could not find it with the link you provided. Do you think it could be found in-store or online? Thanks so so much. I would love to find a couple for next Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I love your Christmas pictures.

Unknown said...

So cozy and bright photos, I like it so much )) And peppermint wreath is so simple and magnificent, thank you for sharing ))

Anne Lorys said...

I love this Maria, how beautiful!

carreco said...

superb decorative idea ... but beware of greedy

Helse Qvinden said...

Hi

The candy wreath is realy cute, I must try to make one with my kids... and I also love the red wrapping paper with the snowflakes..

Thx for sharing these wonderful tips

xo Miss s

Sammy said...

So pretty!

Vintage Home said...

it all looks so pretty....love the tree decorated or not!
Sweet girls to do the wrapping for you & I love the wreath!

carrie schei said...

love your blog!!! such a feast for the eyes!!! would you mind sharing where you found the blanket in the first photo....happy holidays!!!

carrie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Just fabulous! Love your blog and am now following! Anita

vosgesparis said...

Hey Maria
Amazing pictures ;) I am wondering what camera do you have these days?

Wish you a happy new year!
desiree

Sea and Salt said...

Beautiful pictures! Elegant settings and beautiful light.
Thanks for sharing.
Bella xx

PCovi said...

can we see a closeup of the tags soon?

Melaine said...

Hey Maria! Loving everything you do! Love ya! xoxo

Tania-Grange de charme said...

Hi Maria, Bonne année to you and your family ! Have a great year !
Xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love the blue color on the door! Can you please share the color? Thank you!

Carmen said...

you have such a beautiful home + your images are so beautiful! ;)

barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
barbara said...

i simply love your house, your style, your diy ideas... one of my favorite blog and daily reads! love from Italy!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Love the way that you had your presents wrapped. When we lived in the Sacramento area we loved going to Apple Hill to get our Christmas tree. So much fun!

Paper Shredder said...

Amazed by the effort you made in constructing these decors out of candies. I wonder if ants will get them. Just kidding, Well done.

Dash Interiors said...

You are an amazing photographer I could learn a lot from you
http://abpetite.blogspot.com/